Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Eve 2015!

StoryTeller: So, uh, this is a little late.
Keiko:  Like, two days late.
StoryTeller:  Well, I meant to do this on Christmas Eve, but things were a little hectic.
Keiko:  What StoryTeller doesn't want to admit is that she didn't buy us our Christmas tree until December 23 and then didn't get us the ornaments until the 24th, and then spent half of Christmas Eve running back and forth to town to get other stuff that she forgot to buy.
StoryTeller:  Yeah, whatever.  But I also wanted to get the blog started, so here we are!
Keiko:  Finally.
StoryTeller:  Anyway, presenting our new blog, Keiko and Company, with our first post, Christmas Eve 2015!
Keiko:  Enjoy!
 
*   *   *
 

 
Keiko:  Okay, everyone!  StoryTeller got us a bunch of decorations for the parlor, so you guys can get started decorating!
 

 
Kaya:  Wait, what do you mean "you guys"?  Where are you going?
Keiko:  I'm going to go pick up Samantha and Nellie from New York City on December 24, 1907.

 
McKenna:  Oh, by the way, Keiko, I noticed the TARDIS was slightly out of calibration the other day when Elizabeth and I took it out to 1400s Scotland.  You may want to figure in about an hour's wiggle room in your destination settings.
Keiko:  Ah, yes, I think I had noticed that on our last trip.  Thank you for reminding me.


Keiko: Anyhoo, I'm off!  Should be back not to long after I leave!  Time traveling is awesome like that.
Oh, and by the way-- the blue ornaments aren't for the tree.  The bag was just included so we would have some extra silver ones if we needed them.  T-T-F-N!
McKenna:  Awe, I wanted to use the blue ones too!
Cecile:  Mikki, if we used the blue ones with the red and silver ones, it would look like we were celebrating Independence Day alongside Christmas, and that would be weird.
McKenna:  ...I still like the blue ones.


Cecile:  All right, let's divvy this up.
Elizabeth:  Cecile and I will decorate the fireplace.  McKenna and Kaya, you two can decorate the tree.
McKenna: (mutters) Bossy big sister.
Elizabeth:  I heard that!
Kaya:  Whatever.  Sounds fair to me!
 

 
Cecile:  First we'll take the painting down to make room for the wreath...
 

 
McKenna:  Hey guys, look!  I shall heretofore be known as "Captain Tree Skirt."
 

 
Kaya:  Mikki, quit foolin' around or we're never going to get this done.
McKenna:  Oh, fine.
Kaya: Good grief, why didn't StoryTeller tie all these little strings on the ornaments for us beforehand?
 

 
Elizabeth:  Hey, I didn't know there was a mirror on the back of the painting!
 

 
Cecile:  Yeah, StoryTeller usually has it turned toward the painting side so she doesn't accidentally take a picture of herself taking a picture.
 

 
McKenna:  What is this thing?  It looks deadly.
 

 
Kaya:  It's the tree topper.  Careful, I think it's glass.
 

 
McKenna:  That's a weird looking tree topper.  It looks more like the tip of a lance to me.  I challenge you to a joust!
Kaya:  Ack!


 
Cecile:  I'm the ghost of Christmas Present!
Elizabeth:  We could add some candles to it and you could have a Saint Lucia's Day wreath like Kirsten's!
Cecile:  I'm not sure I like the idea of having burning things next to my hair...



 
McKenna:  Urgh, I can't... quite... reach.  Maybe if I just tip the tree a little, I could reach the top.
 

 
Kaya:  Aaahhh!
McKenna:  Oops.
Elizabeth:  MCKENNA!
 

 
McKenna:  Well, hey, with the tree on the floor, now I can reach the top!
Kaya:  I guess that's one strategy.
 

 
Cecile:  How are we going to hang up the stockings?  There aren't any hangers.
Elizabeth:  Duct tape.
Cecile:  Um... that'll mess up the painted mantel.
Elizabeth:  Hang on, I'll be right back.
 

 
Elizabeth:  StoryTeller says that these will stick without damaging the paint!
Cecile:  But there are only six of them.  There will be seven of us once Keiko gets back with Samantha and Nellie.
 

 
Cecile:  I found some blue painter's tape.  It might make the stocking's ribbon a little sticky, but it won't damage the paint.  We can use it for the final stocking.
Elizabeth:  That works.
 

 
*Christmas music playing*
 

 
Cecile:  Wait, how do we know whose is whose?  There aren't any names.
Elizabeth:  It goes in order of arrival-- meaning, oldest doll to newest doll.  So, from left to right:  Samantha, Kaya, Nellie, me, McKenna, Keiko, and you.
Cecile:  Makes sense.  I hope we can eventually embroider names on them, though.
 

 
McKenna:  We're ready to decorate the tree, but Keiko's not back yet.  Wonder what's taking her so long?
 

 
Keiko:  Here we are!  Sorry, gang, we hit a bit of turbulence in the Time Vortex on our way back from 1907 and accidentally landed in ancient Egypt, and then when we corrected from there, we ended up in the present day but in Nome, Alaska.  But we made it!
Nellie:  Hello everyone!
Samantha:  Long time no see!
Everyone else:  Hi guys!
 

 
Keiko:  Time to decorate the tree!
 

 
McKenna:  I still want to use the blue ornaments.
Keiko:  *Sigh*  Fine, we can use the blue ornaments, too.
 

 
Keiko:  All decorated!  Let's go put on our pajamas and watch a movie!
 

 
Samantha:  Aren't those your normal clothes...?
Keiko:  We have an extreme lack of modern pajamas, so we're just wearing our comfy leggings and t-shirts for now.
Cecile:  Where are Kaya and Lizzy?
Nellie:  They're on their way.
 

 
McKenna:  What... are you wearing?
Kaya:  Do.  Not.  Laugh.

 
Elizabeth:  Heh... so, um, StoryTeller has had these nightgowns since she was a kid and, uh... the pink one was apparently always Kaya's.  So when she picked out our pajamas for tonight... she gave us these.
Samantha:  *I* don't see anything wrong with them.
 

 
Keiko:  Movie time!  StoryTeller said we could borrow her laptop to watch the Charlie Brown Christmas movie!
Cecile:  I love this movie.
 

 
Linus:  "And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid.
But the angel said unto them, 'Fear not!  For, behold, I bring you tidings of great joy, which shall be for all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a savior, which is Christ, the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you:  You shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.'
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God and saying,
'Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men.'"
 
 
*   *   *
 
Merry Christmas from Keiko and Company!
 
 

4 comments: